Skate Number: 11
Playing Since: April 2010
Likes: Wiggling my bum in your path, Cake, Teamwork.
Dislikes: Not playing derby, when the other teams won’t dance with me on the pivot line!
Positions: My bum in your face (in a derby way, not in a rude way!)
- When was your first bout? The first bout I played was Block the Casbah against the Dolly Rockit Rollers in September 2010. It was the first bout Marie Bayonet and I were on the roster for which was extra special because we are derby wives and real life best friends so we got to share the excitement and nerves of our first bout. It was also Newcastle Roller Girls first win- I was so proud to be a part of it!
- Who is your favourite player for Newcastle Roller Girls? All my team mates are crazy amazing and are all so derby awesome in different ways so there is no way I could pick just one!
- Who is your favourite skater in the world? I have so many favourites- I love any skater that gives 100% and has fun with it. My current faves are Sassy and Tannibal Lector from Oly Rollers as the as they can chase down the fastest of Jammers, Raw Heidi from London Roller Girls who is really agile and nippy as a blocker, The Mighty Mighty Bash who is an ultra sturdy blocker/blammer, Juicy Lucy who is like greased lightning and generous with all her tips and Stephanie Mainey who is just amazing at every position!
- What is your proudest derby moment? Legally blocking a Team England skater square on her bot, I was well chuffed I managed to catch her! No names mentioned to protect the innocent.
- What is your most embarrassing derby moment? After seeing a particularly exciting merby bout (male derby) I decided I would give the more in-your-face, testosterone fuelled tactics a go. This led me running clockwise (anti derby) headlong into a very shocked Brie Larceny and getting 2 minutes in the sin bin. Very bad Gin.
- What’s your set up?
- Skates/Plates/Stoppers: Rebels with Invader plates (Invaders are lateral heaven) and gumball stops.
- Wheels: A mix of Atom Jukes In 93Aa and 88a
- Pads: Tsg force 3 and triple 8.