0191 278 2800
Skatey fun times
- Bouts! Yep, this spaceship is the venue for all our home bouts.
Please bring along numbered shirts in both black & white:
- Bouters: Wednesdays, 7.30pm – 9.30pm
- Intermediates & Boys: Sundays, 2.30pm – 4.30pm
How to get here
The Dome refurbed & rebranded early in 2012, but please note that many of the local road signs still refer to “Lightfoot Centre”.
The No. 12 Stagecoach bus from Fenham to Walker & Wallsend picks up in Newcastle City Centre at Gallowgate, Blackett Street, New Bridge Street, John Dobson Street & Market Street. It drops off at Birds Nest Road, just 50 yards from the Dome. This bus also picks up at Byker metro station en route. Nexus have a timetable.
Directions from Newcastle
- From the Central Motorway (A196(M)), take the turn for A193 Byker.
- Straight on down New Bridge Street & over the Byker Bridge.
- Straight on at the roundabout for the Byker bypass.
- At the large roundabout at the top of the bypass, turn right (4th exit, by the fire station, signposted Riverside Route, Walker (A166), Byker Village (B1314)).
- Past the fire station, and turn left at the mini roundabout on to Welbeck Road.
- Past the shops through the traffic calming, & turn right at the roundabout onto St Anthony’s Road (Lightfoot Centre signposted).
- Straight on at the crossroads with Grasmere Avenue.
- Turn left at the roundabout onto Wharrier Street.
- The Dome is immediately on the right. It’s that large silver dome thingy.
Directions from the Tyne Tunnel
- Exiting the tunnel on the North side of the river, follow signs for A19 North, & Newcastle.
- At the Silverlink roundabout, turn left onto A1058 West, for Newcastle.
- Head West for several miles.
- At the Benfield Road turn off, follow the slip road signposted Walker.
- At the lights at the top of the sliproad, turn right onto Benfield Road.
- Straight on under the metro bridge to the lights with Shields Road.
- Straight on onto Coults Road, and past the School on the left.
- Straight on at the roundabout with the Foss Way (A187) onto West Farm Road.
- Turn left onto Scrogg Road.
- Straight on at the lights with Welbeck Road, signposted for Walker Park.
- Straight on, eventually passing an old graveyard and large park on the left.
- Turn right at the roundabout with Wharrier Street, signposted for the Lightfoot Centre.
- The Dome is on the left, just before the mini-roundabout. It’s that that large silver dome thingy.