Skate Number: 8
Playing Since: August 2009
Likes:Adventures, mojitos, cats, gymming it and roller derby!
Dislikes: Moany whingebags, traffic jams and British weather.
Positions: Anywhere but B4!
- When was your first bout? April 2009, against ARRG’s Cannon Belles. NRG’s first bout ever. Every skater we had made the team, and we were still four skaters short – we stole some from our North East sisters Middlesbrough Milk Rollers. I bricked it for weeks before, then enjoyed every minute of it. We lost, but, whoop whoop, NRG had arrived.
- Who is your favourite player for Newcastle Roller Girls? I can’t pick one. Don’t make me! I won’t do it! GG Fox cos we’ve been in it together since day one. Brie Larceny for her crazy captain charm. Kalamity for her hits that knock your skates off – literally – it happened. Bayonet for running like a horse. Gin for her booty blocks and the wacky, weird stuff she says. Hot Whips for punishing herself with a run after we lost a bout…. aaah…. and everyone else… everyone at NRG brings something mint and unique to the team.
- Who is your favourite skater in the world? Suzy Hotrod. She coached at a bootcamp I went to. Won’t say anymore… once I start I can’t stop.
- What is your proudest derby moment? When NRG did their first win in September 2010. It was a close game against Dolly Rockit Rollers. We had the lead but they were creeping up on us. I was on track for the last jam. Tense times. When the whistle went I couldn’t quite believe we’d won. I looked at our bench and a crazy pile on had started…. Ah yeah!
- What is your most embarrassing derby moment? Two. Both at bootcamps. First one, I volunteered to be pivot in a pivot drill. The blockers couldn’t do anything unless I told them to. I’d changed teams so many times I forgot what colour I was. I told my blockers to go after the black jammer. They did. She was our jammer. Oh dear. Second one, different bootcamp. Two tracks alongside each other. I got hip checked off our track into the path of the oncoming pack on the other track. Sharp exit, but not before everyone had seen my terror face! I still like bootcamps regardless.
- What’s your set up?
- Skates/Plates/Stoppers: Riedell Wickeds, original plate, Gumball stoppers.
- Wheels: On Jukes at the min.
- Pads: Urgh, old ones. I just can’t get excited about pads when there are so many wheels out there.